Oct 21, 2011

Winter??










Today Julia had to get an X-Ray done to see if she had anything going on with her esophagus... she had to do a barium swallow so they could see if she had any leaking in her GI tract or any reflux. It all started last night, she couldn't have anything to eat or drink 4 hours prior to her procedure. She was not a happy camper this morning. We took her to the imaging center where she had to have the X-Ray's. The put her in the little papoose, or what I like to call the baby straight jacket. Lucky that I had seen it before when I did my hospital rotation at X-Ray school, so I didn't do the Momma Bear reaction and flip out on the people. She did ok with that until she had to drink the stuff. She was not a happy camper, they wanted her to drink 3 oz of the barium! It looked like white paint and weighed 2-3x more than normal fluid. To make a long story short... Jared held her down while i used a syringe to squirt it down her throat. I would rather have someone give me paper cuts on the corner of my mouth than have to do that again! The good news is nothing is wrong, and she still likes us for now.

2 comments:

  1. poor baby-she has forgotten it I hope! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. good! i'm glad she's done with the test.

    ReplyDelete