Feb 5, 2011

Do Any Of My Sister's Remember This?


Remember when we would come home from swim team practice and eat like an entire loaf of bread and box of cereal? Well do you remember calling the crust of the toast or bread the licorice and the middle soft part gum? I just had a flashback today when I made some cinnamon toast this morning. I pretty much have decided I just use the toast as a way not to feel so guilty that I ate like a tablespoon of cinnamon sugar and butter! I also found this is true when I eat Malt-o-Meal because I really could just eat a bowl of brown sugar...

5 comments:

  1. I just bought some a few weeks ago and have been eating it like it's going out of style :) I actually measured the brown sugar into a 1/3 cup and used it out of there! And I was just telling Jon about the licorice and gum! Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum cinnamon/sugar. I almost put some on the pretzels I made today. I guess that is a good enough reason to make pretzels again next weekend. And yes, licorice and gum. I like oatmeal better than Malt-o-Meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think they still made this-is this what the box looks like in the store today? I love it! Dad remembers you calling the inside of the bread, gum but neither of us remember licorice crust-thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ate some this morning again... so delicious! takes about 3 min to make on the stove :) we had to make up the gum b/c we weren't allowed to have it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah they still make it!!! Same yellow box in plastic wrap. I like to make it lumpy sometimes too to add texture. You just dont stir it as much. I have it down to an art, a little milk around the edge and tons of brown sugar in the middle.

    ReplyDelete