May 28, 2012

Pioneer Woman Strawberry Shortcake Cake

This I think may have been the first cake ever that I have made from scratch.  It was well worth it, and actually pretty easy to do.  The cake its self was very dense, and the frosting was a cream cheese frosting made with more powder sugar then you can imagine.  If  I make this again I will use more strawberries between the layers, and I will use less frosting or maybe substitute whip cream.  It was just a little too sweet even for me, don't get me wrong I would eat a whole tub of this frosting.  I would give this recipe a 8/10. Love my two cook books though from the Pioneer Woman, thanks Haley and Jackie.  We have also made the Cherry Lime-Aide, and the Tequilla Lime Chicken.  All really good and Jared even said the Cherry Lime-Aide taste almost as good as Texas Sonic.  I will have to post more pictures from the cook book.  Mine is the top photo, didn't have a pretty plate or a circle cake pan...

2 comments:

  1. You have never made sour cream chocolate cake-so good it doesn't need frosting, or carrot cake, or banana cake, or rhubarb cake. Recipes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok well I guess I have made a carrot cake since we have been here, just not a fancy cake.

    ReplyDelete