May 9, 2011

Julia And Mommy's Fun Day Out

Ok so by the look on her face you can only imagine what I looked like by the end of the day today. The day started out pretty good, we got up I took the dogs out and fed them even had time to take a shower while Julia was sleeping on the bed. Got dressed, got Julia dressed and changed and fed, and put her in the car seat. I had a genius idea to take the stroller on this adventure so I loaded it and the diaper bag in the back of the truck. I locked the dogs in their kennels and we were off to the Good Year place to get the brakes done with time to spare 15 minutes to be exact. We arrive at the shop and take the baby stuff out so we can turn the keys over to the man at the desk. Julia is sleeping and content with a full belly and a clean diaper. The man at the desk takes the keys I sign the paper and we are off for our little adventure at the outdoor mall. We head over to the Panera Bread so I can get something to eat, I get a blueberry bagel and a large lemonade and a cookie for the road. We sit outside and eat it in the Alabama heat because I am annoyed by the huge lunch crowd and I don't want her to wake up just yet. I finish my food and head to the nearest store with air conditioning, Ross. We walk around a bit, I even get brave and try a few dresses on. First trick in having a baby while shopping, when the handicap fitting room is taken just go down to the last room and roll the baby in and proceed to dress in the 1ft by 2ft space left that the stroller doesn't take up. Note you will not be able to close the door or get a good look in the mirror so you have to throw the close on as fast as you can so no one sees your butt, and then squeeze back out to look in the mirror in the room next to you. I finish laughing at how my breastfeeding body looks and we leave the store in search of the next one with a cool escape from the heat. We go into World Market and look around at all the things I would love to have at the house, but Jared would probably say do not go with the decor. I get a call from the service man at the Good Year place, he says the truck will be done at 3:30 and that more than the brakes in the front need to be fixed aka more $$$. It is 12:15 at this point, and I have a 2 month old that I am breastfeeding and I have not brought any milk to feed her out of a bottle... to be continued.

1 comment: