May 10, 2011

Part 2

So like I said when I left off, I was stuck until at least 3:30 with a hungry baby and no pumped milk to feed her... I decide to go to Old Navy with the recommendation from Jackie (Jared's Mom) so maybe if I needed to feed Julia I could go in one of the fitting rooms and feed her there. We walked around a bit and then I decided that I should check her diaper while we were in a store that I know has the changing table in the bathroom. One dirty diaper down and many more to come. We leave there with minimal damage, can't say what I got it is a surprise for someone. We head to the next store which happens to be Petsmart, I know we didn't need anything but we had time to burn. Off to the next store, at this point I am becoming pretty good at pretend shopping. We head across the parking lot to The Shoe Station, I believe it or not am not a shoe lover. I mean don't get me wrong a good pair of slip on Rocket Dogs or a pair of comfy sandals are always nice, but I don't go crazy for a pair of heels for 500 big ones. We quickly move out of that store and cross the street to Dillard's since Julia Grace has left another big loud surprise in her diaper for me. I figure they will have a lot of fitting rooms and wouldn't mind me using one. I circle around looking for perfect person to ask if I can use one of the rooms to change my baby and possibly nurse her too. Thinking in my head I will whip a boob out and feed my baby before she starves if that is what it comes to. I find a really nice lady in believe it or not the bra section, who shows me to the handicap accessible room so that the stroller will fit. She also tells me how she breastfed all of her children and how she always got mean looks from women in the bathroom when she fed her babies. Thank God for the bra lady at Dillard's! Now that I have a happy baby that is fed and has a clean diaper, I look at the clock almost 3:30 so we head back to the Good Year place. I walk in the door and see that my truck is still up in the air, and being worked on I figure maybe a few more minutes no big deal. I sit down and watch the pawn star show and take Julia out of her seat, she has had it at this point with the seat. We sit there about an hour before I even see anyone go to the front desk, they ask me if I know when they told me my truck will be done?? I say they said 3:30, he laughs and goes to the back to see. I am so happy I got the huge m&m cookie from Panera, I inhale it. The man comes out with my brake shoe to show me what happened, did I mention he had 2 teeth... he leaves and Julia decides to scream bloody murder, I have no option but to go in the bathroom and nurse her. I decide to sit on the toilet fully clothed, (which may I add is pretty had to trick your brain into not letting you pee your pants), and put her on my lap to nurse. I feed her and come back out to wait. At this point it has been another hour, and I need to change her, and no they do not have a changing station in the store. I take her car seat off the stroller and lay the seat in it down, I put her changing pad down and change her there. At this point I was about to just lay her right on the desk and leave them a poopy diaper next to the phone. 15 more minutes and closer to the store closing and me going nuts and starving to death. Finally I see the truck pull up, I pay the damage and we are off. By the time we get home it is close to 6! Almost 6 1/2 hours later. Poor baby and Mommy... The End

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you can do anything now! Good job Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made it!! And didn't run out of diapers! Aren't you glad you didn't have to pack formula, food, or bottles? Did she sleep well that night? See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, Jana! If you made it through that, you have it made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously girl, you are Super MOM! What a day, I might have gone postal on someone. :)

    ReplyDelete