Mar 29, 2011

Julia's Story

Friday March 18th I woke up around 8 feeling more rested than I had in Months! Jared had duty the night prior and I was hoping not to go into labor while he was in Pascagoula Mississippi an hour away. He called me to tell me that he was on his way home, and I decided to get an early start and take a shower and get dressed before he came home. We had so many things planned for the day that we needed to do before his Mom came and before I got induced that Sunday. We needed to get a video camera that we had been putting off and we planned to even compare prices a few different places. Jared came home and got ready while I made myself a big plate of french toast and a glass of milk. We put the dogs in their kennels and headed off to Best Buy to see about getting a video camera. Best Buy went off without a hitch, we decided that we would look a few more places before we spent the money they wanted. Next stop Lowe's, Jared wanted to show me some bolts that he was going to use on the table. He intended to have it done later in the day... We walked up to Lowe's and I had a strange feeling like I may have peed in my pants a little, well being pregnant I figured anything is possible at this point. I told Jared that I was going to go to the bathroom and he waited outside the door for me. I guess that I was in there longer than I thought because when I came out he had a funny look on his face. I jokingly said "Ha I thought my water broke!" he was like " Well...did it?" I said I didn't think so and we continued to look at bolts. (1:15) As we walked out to the truck I felt another little trickle and I told him, he asked if I wanted to head back to the house or go on to Walmart and finish our shopping? I said maybe we should just go to the house so I can change and put a liner in so if it was pee it wouldn't leak in my pants. We headed to the house and I changed my pants and we were off to do some last minute shopping for food and random items. (2:00) We arrived at Walmart and headed into the store, as we were walking I was holding Jared's hand and I felt another bigger trickle... I squeezed his hand and said I need to get to the bathroom, we started walking fast in that direction. Of coarse the bathroom in the front of the store was out of order so we shuffled to the back of the store, I was squeezing my legs closed as tight as I could while walking. I went in to the bathroom and realized that my pants were soaked through! I came out and showed Jared my pants... I was still pretty determined to continue shopping! I decided to call my Mother and ask her if she thought that it might be my water breaking, she said that I needed to call the doctor and I need to get checked. I then called the doctor's office and they told me only to come in if I was having contractions 4-5 min apart. Well I don't know what a contraction feels like!!! As far as I knew I wasn't... (2:15) I called Jared's Mom to see if her water had ever broken and just slowly leaked out??? She said that they had to break her water every time so she didn't know if that was what was happening to me. As I was talking to her Jared was looking at video cameras, and all of the sudden I felt something running down my legs!!! I motioned to Jared that we needed to go and started for the door. We got to the truck and decided we needed to cover the seat so I didn't get stuff all over, we didn't have anything so Jared put his floor mat on the seat and I sat on it. I called the hospital's labor and delivery unit and asked what I should do?? They told me that I needed to come in and get checked to see if that was what happened. We headed to the house, Jared was starting to drive pretty fast but at this point I was still calm and collected. We decided to stop and get some food since I would not be able to eat after I got to the hospital. Chick-fil-a it is! We pulled into the drive through and then we were on the way to the house. I went and took a shower and changed while Jared ate. I ate half my sandwich and decided I didn't want to have to barf it up later so I should limit how much I eat. We had all the bags ready and packed so we threw a few things extra in and Jared set up the kitchen for the dogs, no telling when we would be back! (3:45) we headed to the hospital to have a baby! To be continued....

2 comments: